Help to manage the difficulties you have in your relationships
It is normal for everyone to experience a struggle in maintaining and managing their relationships at some part of their lives, however, there are times when you may need help to overcome some problems and in identifying the patterns that cause those problems that keep re-occurring.
Some common relationship problems I can help you with include:
- Unable to communicate effectively
- Not able to be heard / speak
- Difficulty in expressing feelings and thoughts
- Feelings of loneliness
- Surviving an affair
- Sexual identity problems
- Transgender migration
- Coming out difficulties
- Online relationship problems
- Virtual relationship issues
- Online dating issues
- Difficulties in sustaining relationships
- Survivors of Sexual Abuse or Domestic Violence
- Overcoming sexual assault / rape
- Recovering from the breakdown of a relationship
- Difficulties in getting over relationship issues
- Difficulties in an existing relationship
- Postnatal Depression
- Personal Development
- How to choose the right partner rather than keep chasing the wrong ones for you
Relationships are not always harmonious, although they can provide us with happiness, it can also be a source of great anxiety, pain and lead to feelings of isolation when they break down. When a partnership runs into difficulties, it can cause guilt, distress and feelings of resentment and rejection. If you are currently facing problems in an existing relationship, or feeling frustrated and unhappy with forming new relationships then counselling will help you. As a highly experience relationship counsellor and psychotherapist, I will work with you to understand any underlying issues you may have and if helpful make sense of previous experiences that may be affecting your ability to move on from a previous relationship.
Initially, typical discussions will include:
- The issues you have been experiencing
- How long you have been experiencing problems
- Whether you have been to relationship counselling before
- How you have attempted to solve the problems so far
- What you are your goals for therapy
I have a very high success rate as not only am I a specialist in relationship counselling for individuals and couples, I am a CBT psychotherapist, couples counsellor and also a specialist in working with mental health problems.
This skill set is a rare mix in a therapist, and means that together, we can look at the bigger picture and not only improve your relationship issues and/or mental health if this is causing difficulties, but change all areas of your life and how you relate with the people in it; giving you the tools you need to lead a happier more fulfilling life.